Sanyo Dvd player?

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by Jared504, Jan 10, 2003.

1. Jared504

Jared504 Member

I have a sanyo 3 disc changer dvd player that will not play any disc burnt by dvdx but it has played a dvd burnt by dvd decrypter. Although dvd decrypter cant seem to make a copy without mistakes for shit. The movie i made with dvd decryp just stops in the middle of the movie. but it played fine until that point i made a another one with another movie and it did the same thing, but just at the end of the movie. Again dvdx wont burn anything that will play on my sanyo. i have used both +/- with my new sony dru500a. neither will work on my player using dvdx. So my question is:
    Is it my player that i bought a year ago or do i not know how to use dvd decryp or dvdx properly or are these progz just tempermental. Oh yeah all discs play on my pc. WHAT GIVES???? Really frustrated..._X_X_X_X_X_[small]APBT FOREVER...[/small]

2. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

I use DVD Decryptor to burn all my copies. I have had one movie that had the problem you describe, and it didn't matter if I played it on my Sanyo or my Apex. It would be helpful if you posted more specifics such as the OS and the brand of media.

3. Jared504

Jared504 Member

I run WINXP and i have used one Sony dvd+rw which wouldnt play on my sanyo but will play on Pc. Verbatim dvd+r that would play on my sanyo only if burned with decryp but would play on my pc regardless of the prog i used. And i have tried TDK dvd-r using dvdx but not decryp because it seems to do such a crappy job at making copies but still i cant get a perfect copy to play on my sanyo. Like i said the only one i got to work was the dvd+r using decryp but it screwed up twice once on my dvd+rw and dvd+r. Both at some point would freeze. of course the dvd+rw would not play on my sanyo but stil froze at the end of the movie when playing on my pc.

Sorry if that was a lil long winded just trying to get to the bottom of this.
    ThaNkS

4. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

Since I have a Pioneer DVR-104 I can't really give you any meaningful opinions about your drive, but I have noticed from my own experiences and many posts on these boards that Windows XP can, but doesn't always, cause problems with various DVD related software. I personally have noticed that Windows 2000 is more reliable for using IFOEdit on my system so that's what I use, but I've never used DVDXCopy.

Since you've spent the money to get that program I'd recommend contacting 321 Studios for help with the program. I've seen one post suggesting that most people who have problems with it just need to go over their system to find the problems. Since you are having problems with DVD Decryptor as well, if you find a solution for one piece of software it may help with the other as well.

As far as DVD+R vs DVD-R on your Sanyo, if I remember correctly Sanyo is one of the driving forces behind DVD+R so your player may only support that format. The database at http://www.vcdhelp.com/dvdplayers.php?DVDname=sanyo&Submit=Search&dvdplusr=1&Search=Search suggests that there are some Sanyo players that don't support DVD-R.

Hope this helps.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2003