sd card compatibility with my Panasonic mini dv

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by pcrazy99, Jun 10, 2006.

1. pcrazy99

pcrazy99 Regular member

I have a Panasonic pvgs14. I want buy a bigger sd card for it. What is the card with the most storage that I can use with this camera? The sd card is used to store still pictures while I am shooting video.

2. SOCOMII

SOCOMII Regular member

The biggest ive seen are 4gb sd cards on ebay, but i dont see why you would need that much but its up to you. They are around 50$ on ebay with 50$ shipping :p

3. pcrazy99

pcrazy99 Regular member

I only use the sd card to snap still pictures while I'm shooting video. Nothing fancy, mostly family trips and alot of car shows. I was under the impression that some cameras would only accept or recognize the smaller capacity cards. I was thinking if I put a 2gb card in the camera it might only see it as a 512 mb card.

4. SOCOMII

SOCOMII Regular member

maybe some but i dont think any of the newer ones do, check the instruction maual or panasonics website if you want to be sure.

5. pcrazy99

pcrazy99 Regular member

I can't seem to get a straight answer on this. My manual does not state the largest capacity card my camera will read. It also says I should only use Panasonic sd cards with this camera. I also went to a camera store told by one person it would only take an 8mb card, than another salesperson told me I could use a 128mb card. I'll probably have to buy several different sizes, and figure out which works best that way.

6. SOCOMII

SOCOMII Regular member

I dont think you have to use the panasonic one, [bold]i think[/bold](not 100% sure) they are just trying to get you to buy their product. I know most brands usally suggest for "optimal performace" to use their accesories and such but others usalld do the job just fine.

Your best bet would be to go to a store and test them out inside the store, most decent stores should ley you. if not buy it, try it, then if it dont work return it.

GooD Luck