Serious Problem

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by Tanksta, Jan 23, 2004.

1. Tanksta

Tanksta Regular member

I tried to transcode a DVD with shrink and a messages with: (or something simular)

Windows has come across a serious problem and needs to shutdown

Earlier that night I downloaded clone DVD and installed it. A couple of hours laters computer went really slow and a BIG blue message came up and said:

(something simular)

Windows has come across a problem with a recently installed program. Either uninstalled it or contact the software manufacturer and installed a patch for it.

So I uninstalled Clone DVD

Now the this massage is coming up at start up:

(or something simular)

Windows has come across a serious problem and needs to shutdown

Can anyone help!!!!

_X_X_X_X_X_[small]If at first you don't succeed, fusk the world and smoke some more weed.
    [/small]

Last edited: Jan 23, 2004
  2. andmerr

andmerr Guest

have you played around with any settings with in the registry (via regedit) or are you sure that the version you d/loaded isnt the problem.

I mucked around with the regedit settings with platinum and got something similar.The end result was to do a sea rch of all platinum files , delete thenm including the registry ones then reboot and re install platinum.I havent had that message come back yet

dont know if this helps, i see you took clone off did you get all files off.

andmerr

3. imyurlady

imyurlady Member

A good way to deal with that is to do a system restore to the day before you started having problems. Hope this helps.

4. andmerr

andmerr Guest

thanks i didnt think to do a restore but i will try that next time

regards

andmerr