silvercrest d-v 767

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by criosdubh, Apr 11, 2008.

1. criosdubh

criosdubh Member

has any body out there got any info on how to load mp3 on silvercrest
    i have got every thing else working fine i must be doing something
    wrong with thanks

2. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

What do you mean by load it on the camcorder? If you are talking about recording video, with mp3 for sound, there should be instructions in your owner's manual.

3. criosdubh

criosdubh Member

d-v 767
    has 4 functions 3working o.k mp 3 is not . musics files from p.c is
    showing sync as o.k but on unit .the files are not syncd

4. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

You need to contact the camcorder manufacturer.

5. criosdubh

criosdubh Member

thanks gramps
    for your time and help
    irish muscian and baladeer favourite song eve of distruction
    by barry mc.guire.

crios.

6. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

You are welcome. And I liked the song, but unfortunately, that song was pretty much the end for Barry. He was basically "black listed", by the record industry, due to the controversial nature of the song.

7. yuhlaw

yuhlaw Member

hi, criosdubh

How did u get the load video working ? all i can get working is pictures.... cant load mp3,videos. Could u please tell me how u did with the videos ?

8. expatmike

expatmike Member

Whilst the Silver crest DV-767 mini camcorder is pretty nice, so far its useless for trying to playback MPEG4 movies created on a PC. The user guide is hopeless in its technical section for defining exactly what format, bit rate etc it is compatible with and does not describe if its possible to play MPEG4 files created else where such as a PC. As far as the Silver crest support line goes, forget it. There is no FAQ or email support service and their phone support doesn't really exist. From the many hours I've spent trying to get a compatible file to play on the DV-767, so far I've failed. Firstly, it seems that only file names with PICT0001,2,3 etc and upwards will be shown on the display as being present. Any other file name convention like name.avi is ignored. Why that is I haven't a clue. Next, using AVS Video Converter 6.2 I've detected the format of video clips produced by the cam corder and created video files that look identical in format on a PC. The program shows both files have the same video and audio format, bit rate, screen size, FPS and video compression used, BUT the one created on a PC shows error on the DV-767. In addition I've used simpler PC video conversion programs and get a file it will recognize (sort of) however the compression is screwed up as theres nothing but small blocks moving on the screen. As other people have asked, has anyone ever managed to create a DV-767 video file from any other source and format such as Mpeg2, fly or whatever, convert it to MPEG4 and then get it to play properly on the cam corder. If so, I'd appreciate an answer but failing that, I'll continue fishing in the dark trying to pin this down as LIDL/Silver Crest haven't helped at all so far.

9. waynel23

waynel23 Member

hi,everybody wayne here havin a small issue wit my silvercrest dv-767 camcorder.i originally had a 512mb sd card in it and was workin fine,and recently i purchased a 4gb sd card for it ok.now the power comes on but there is no picture no nothin on its screen!is the memory in the card too big?do i have to format it?and if i do,how? help please,anybody.cheers

10. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

It looks like that Silvercrest is a good model to recommend that folks avoid buying.

11. PFloyd

PFloyd Regular member

Some cameras are limited to 2gb sd max. Check the manual.

12. waynel23

waynel23 Member

got it sorted.looks like da silvercrest only has a capacity of 2gb.ah well wat do you want for a 100 euro!tanx pfloyd wish you were here yesterday wen i didnt no!get it,wish you were here?cheers.