Slow transfers with flashfxp, please help...

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by peterjam, Oct 12, 2007.

1. peterjam

peterjam Member

Hi
    I recently began using flashfxp because I need to download some files from a server. I use it at home, where I have a 2mbps internet connection, and for some reason I can't download any faster than 50kbps. I started using it here at work, and although I have a 512kbps internet connection, I get a constant download speed of 107kbps.
    At first I thought I was having problems problems with my ISP at home, so I tried an internet connection speed test and it gave me a 200 kbps result, which I knew couldn't be right, so I opened Azureus and I got speeds up to 190kbps, so I guess that my internet connection isn't giving me any problems. Also, when I download from a webpage, I get really fast speeds, it's just the flashfxp that isn't working right.
    If it's any help, I have a differnet ISP at work, and I only use flashfxp at home at night, so maybe the server is more crowded, but I don't think that's it. I also read somewhere that you can disable something called "passive mode", do you think that can help? I haven't tried it.
    As always, thanks a lot for your help.

2. ozy

ozy Regular member

Yes give that a try (disable or enable passive mode) and see if it helps. I found the same problem when I updated from version 3.2 to 3.4.