Softmod Problem ...

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by Oakley28, May 2, 2006.

1. Oakley28

Oakley28 Regular member

Okay

So im trying to install the softmod (SID 4) to my PAL Xbox. im following this tutorial

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/311710

i get to the this point

Step 11: Once you are back to the Main Menu, scroll down to 'Install Softmod'. Here's what you should be choosing for each menu (this goes in order):
    a] Click Dual Boot for NTSC or PAL (which ever one is for you, if you do not know, please contact someone for assistance)
    b] Click Knaves Ndure, Open tray = Retail
    c] Choose either the Installation for EvolutionX or UnleashX. For a Novice, I would suggest UnleashX.

Step 12: Three messages will pop up. After reading and understanding each, Press A. On the 3rd message, you will get this message: "All requirements pass. Continue Install?" Click Yes.

but in step 12 i get this message

"eeprom backup found, no other softmods installed, please press A to check if your MS Dash is 5960. If you get a rename error, please install single or dual gamesave."

Then i press A And get this message

"Batch Process Failes
    The Last Action Was : -
    Action : Rename"

Any Help Would Be Appreciated

Stu

Last edited: May 2, 2006
  2. Xx1modxX

Xx1modxX Guest

3. Oakley28

Oakley28 Regular member

seems i dont have agent under fire does anyone have a solution to my problem???

4. Oakley28

Oakley28 Regular member

okay so now i have the softmod installed but had to use

Dual, Open Tray = Gamesave Menu

Can someone confirm if this is bad or okay and tell me the difference between this and the other dual boot option.

Also when the unleashX dashboard runs and i click Run MS Dashboard ... it says unable to locate MSDashboard on C: or summit.

Can anyone help on this???

5. gus738

gus738 Guest

Oakley28 : were are done with this thread .... srry buddy didnt see you on xbox-hq as i wasnt on it lol but this sid 4 file is currpted somehow so we will take from hq cya there buddy :D

oh and btw the open= game save isnt a good idea as their is no virtual mounts = your not talking the sid advantage and you are currently able to break the mod just like any other softmods... insted put single boot or we will work on a new download so you can enable dual boot-retail to play xbox live :D