some games will not work on modded xbox

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by Ryanado, Jul 31, 2004.

1. Ryanado

Ryanado Member

Hi all, i just purchased a new xbox bought a mod chip (a xenium) and installed it I am using evox version 1.0 (although it says V+393 in the bottom right corner). At any rate I recently rented a few games and some don't work at all. Even when I run them on the retail xbox kernel. The games boot up do the intro movies and then freeze when the "push start menu comes on." However, this does not effect all games probably only about 25% of them. Some games that I have been experiencing this problem with are: ESPN NFL2K5, Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy,
    Star Wars: Clone wars, Splinter Cell 2, and XIII. Again, this is with using the original discs that they do not work either in EVOX or on the regualar xbox bios. Yet, it plays most other games flawlessly. Any thoughts on what could be causing this? I have already tried adjusting the TSR settings and that has produced no results. Thanks!

2. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

Those games you mentioned need to be patched. Get the Craxtion tool to do that.

3. Ryanado

Ryanado Member

I got the newest version of craxation and patched the game files but still no luck on certain titles. I have tried copying them to the harddrive and then creating an iso and patching it with craxtion and the original game discs dont work either. Any further suggessions on how to get them to run?

4. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

You can not patch the game on the original disc. What you do is, extract the game via FTP, look for the default.xbe file and use Craxtion to patch that file. Then you need to FTP the patched game back to your Xbox.

5. djboogie

djboogie Regular member

its a very common mistake, Ive done it a couple of times, when Ive dragged over the original game disc' files to my pc, and dragged them back to the hdd without patching them
    if you make backups to dvd, as you use craxtion to create the iso, its done automatically as soon as you select the files to create, craxtion finds the default.xbe and patches it if necc. with dong it the ftp way, you manually have to patch by using craxtion