Sonic MyDVD audio synch problem

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by sasstimpy, Dec 8, 2005.

1. sasstimpy

sasstimpy Guest

Hello all...Using MyDVD, I have captured from my DV camcorder, edited and created chapters and it all works well until I playback the DVD at chapter 2 and onwards. The audio is out of synch bigtime as soon as it hits chapter2. Has anyone any ideas if this is a problem with Mydvd or something Im doing wrong?

2. sheppy124

sheppy124 Regular member

I have had several sync problems with lots of different programs, I have found it it can be a bit random, few things to try are.

1.Have no other programs running in the background when capturing and authoring i.e. antivirus, firewalls, screensavers

2. Try different media you will be surprised, you player my not like the discs it using.

3. do a test without chapters and menus

If it still does it without capters and menus, would try using a diff program. Though probably would try a different program if it works with the chapters and menus.

I have gone from sonic to dvdlab and have settled on pinnacle as it seems to like my machine.

3. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

Indeed you may try e.g. Nero.

4. sasstimpy

sasstimpy Guest

thanks. I have tried nero - the audio synch is 1 sec out, but! it does stay 1 sec out til the end, unlike mydvd where it lagged bigtime at chapter 2. I think i will try pinnacle next. How much better is pinnacle to say nero vision, or mydvd ?

5. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

6. trfindley

trfindley Member

I am having a similar sync problem when using Mydvd to edit Ed Sullivan shows with the Beatles. I have created scenes and deleted the non-Beatle ones. When I create the dvd, it plays the shortened audio OK of 17 minutes, but the 17 minutes of video are of scene 1, the first frame of scene 3 displaying for 8 minutes, and other still and moving video for the rest of the time.

After reading several forums, I have found that there are at least 5 types of video files, and the different software won't handle all of them. For now, I am going to do straight copies of DVD's, with no editing.

As for the Sullivan shows, I am going to try to use DivXtoDVD to convert the dvd files to an editable format.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2006
  7. zachb90

zachb90 Guest

Why would you want to modify a dvd for? Dont you know if you rip a dvd movie to your pc and modify the movie that what your are doing is illegal?

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2006