SONY DCR-IP1

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by SDRAGON13, Aug 3, 2004.

1. SDRAGON13

SDRAGON13 Guest

Many of my outdoor video scenes come out way over exposed. I keep everything on the automatic settings,
    but often the dvd's that I cut are impossible to watch. Anyone else have this problem and any suggestions? I have other Sony cameras and have never experienced this before.

2. shorty2k

shorty2k Member

Use some ND (Neatural Density) filters on your camera, but they are exepensive plus your need a Mattbox with the filter holders.
    But that could cost much more than the price of your cam! also you cant fit a Mattbox on your cam,

OR go to manual shut down the IRIS as much as possible and put the shutter to the highest speed

Also
    what you could try is getting a yogurt carton and cutting the base out and sticking some transparent plastic stuff on the front (experimant)!! kinda like wearing shades only for your camera

i supect that being such a small camera it has small CCDs probly 1/6", and dynamic range aint too good on such small chips, in future always get the biggest chips you can get, (also get 3CCD, a world of differance)

Anhar Miah
    IMECE Aff Mem
    MicoMV = Yuck (sorry thats my op)