Sony DCR-IP1E

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by RobertJ, Apr 19, 2004.

1. RobertJ

RobertJ Member

I was directed here from the DVD Ripping forum, hope someone can help orjust point me in the right direction. I got this piece of junk camera as a gift Sony DCR-IP1E. It lists for $1200 US , I am trying to sell in now for half the of the price, because the best movie I have been able to burn is a very choppy svcd and I am fairly good with a PC.

The software included is Imagemaker 1.5 and Movieshaker. Imagemaker does not recognize firewire and movieshaker does not burn dvd. I made a mpeg2 movie file with the movieshaker but I don’t know how to make it into a DVD. I copied the file to a DVD , but it will not play in DVD player. I am sure this is very obvious to someone out there. Sony , and imagemaker support are useless. I have done a dozen “mpeg2 to VOB” ,”mpeg2 to DVD” searches and have found nothing. How does one get/convert a Mpeg2 file to be able to play on DVD player ?
    Thank You
    Robert

2. whassup

whassup Regular member

You need to "author" a DVD. That is, you drag in your MPEG2 DVD-compliant dvd files and "create" a DVD structure.

Try the guides on this site. Some proggies are TMPG DVD Author and DVD-Lab.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2004
  3. RobertJ

RobertJ Member

Thank You

I report back

Robert J