Sony DCR-IP220 LCD shows subject upside down

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by filmfarm, Aug 9, 2008.

1. filmfarm

filmfarm Member

Hi,
    I am hoping someone out there knows how I might be able to fix a problem myself. I turned my camera on one day and, all of a sudden, any subject I shoot wth the LCD flipped down will appear upside down.
    Anyone hear of this and know I can fix this without much expense?

I have already removed and reinstalled the batteries and I suppose did the reboot as well as set settings to defalt. Nothing is helping. And while I thought of sending to Sony, I really do not want to spend money on it if at all possible.
    Thanks

Last edited: Aug 9, 2008
  2. PFloyd

PFloyd Regular member

What do you mean flipped down?

3. filmfarm

filmfarm Member

The LCD is mounted on the back of the camera. From a closed position, when you open it, the LCD stands up on the back. However, if you want, you can spin the LCD on a swivel so that it faces the same direction as the lens. You would then flip the LCD backwards so you can see it now and the lens would be directly at the back of the camera instead of standing up on the back.
    It used to be that when I had it flipped down, the images would be upright. Now they are upside down.

This link will take you to a screenshot of the camera with the LCD up and with it down.
    http://reviews.cnet.com/digital-camcorders/sony-dcr-ip220/4505-6500_7-20224772.html