Sony DCR-SR45 reset button question....

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by jestah57, Oct 21, 2009.

1. jestah57

jestah57 Regular member

Hello all, recently my Sony DCR-SR45 stopped turning on, with or without the AC adapter plugged in. The manual says to try pressing in the reset button, but does anyone know if this will cause me to lose what videos i have recorded on the hard drive of the camera?

I dont know what happened to this camera, it was working fine up until a couple months ago, then it would hesitate to turn on, now it wont turn on at all....the light goes green for a few seconds after i turn the switch, then goes off, and a soft audible sound can be heard (from the cameras speaker i believe)....

any help would be GREATLY appreciated....my sons first year videos are on this camera....

thanks in advance....

2. PFloyd

PFloyd Regular member

Take out the battery and then hook up the AC adapter and see if it works. Maybe a toasted battery.

3. jestah57

jestah57 Regular member

Tried that too...no glory.

Im down to try the reset button (doubtful, but down)..as long as someone can reassure me that it will not delete my videos on the hard drive...cuz resetting is not like reFORMATTING is it?

4. PFloyd

PFloyd Regular member

The reset button should restore the camera to factory defaults. Should not format the HD.

5. jestah57

jestah57 Regular member

Thanks PFloyd, despite what a mod told me on another, less popular forum, who told me that reset does indeed=reformat....

I crossed my fingers and pressed in that button, plugged the camera in and BAM!...it came on with my videos all there!...I am backing it all up this weekend...!....

thank you so much for helping!

6. PFloyd

PFloyd Regular member

No problem.. Glad I could help/