Sony DCRDVD653 Camcorder

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by lauzzie, Jun 2, 2006.

1. lauzzie

lauzzie Guest

Hi Everyone. I am looking at purchasing the Sony DCRDVD653 Camcorder and wonder if anyone knows anything about it. I have looked on the sony website and although it still appears it has is no longer for sale. I am in Australia and it is for sale for $585 on a special deal through a $100% reputable source and the RRP is $1100. I am assuming it is cheap because it is a discontinued model. I am just curious to know if anyone has one and what they think. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

2. TimKizzle

TimKizzle Regular member

the main point of DVD cams is convience. If you just want to be able to pop it into a dvd player and watch, it is a good solution. However, I you plan to do any editing of your footage, you are going to run into problems. it will work, it just wont be pretty. Since MPEG 2 is used to compress footage onto a mini dvd, you will have to capture that, already compressed, and then compress it again after your final edit. also, many editing programs have trouble editing MPEG 2 because it is not frame accurate (i think).

Make sure you are getting this for the right reasons, and reply if you need any more help with your decision