SONY DRX500UL

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by goldenboy, Feb 5, 2003.

1. goldenboy

goldenboy Member

I'm getting dvdxcopy and will be ordering this drive tomorrow, just wondered how many of you has this drive and how does it work for you and with the dvdxcopy software, also where can I buy this drive the cheapest place I've found this drive is ecost.com for $382.00_X_X_X_X_X_[small]Dell Inspiron 8200 WinXP 30GB, 120GB Maxtor External, 1.6 P4, 512MB Ram.[/small]

2. flash7

flash7 Member

I just bought the DRU500UL and so far, it is working fine with what I use it for. I have not tried DVD X copy, but I plan to buy it sometime. I bought mine at www.sonystyle.com for $429. most places still have it on back order. I only waited 1 month while it was on back order at sony and my card was not charged until it was sent out. Last week sony had it in stock. even if ecost says it is in stock on their website, it may not be.

- Tod (=

3. alinero

alinero Guest

i also have the 500UL and it works well the only promblem i have is finding some dvd media thats compatable with it

4. trinimon

trinimon Guest

Hi Flash7 and Alinero,
    I just my Sony 500UL. I tried some Ritek media. DVD+RW 2X worked fine but the Ritek DVD-R 1X was not recognized. I have some Ritek DVD-r 4X on the way because some readers suggested they worked well with the 500A and 500UL. PLease advise what is the cheapest media that you have had the most success with. Thanks

5. alinero

alinero Guest

hey trinimon try useing accu dvd-r they work well with the sony500UL i order them form rima and burn my first 25 dvd without the coster so give it a try

6. trinimon

trinimon Guest

Alinero
    Thanks ... I will try the Accu disks from RIMA.
    Just curious are you using any of the following DVD2ONE DVDXCOPY. I am trying to get the easiest SW for backing up to one DVD 4.7GB disk.

7. alinero

alinero Guest

i use dvd2one its the best software out there i have done about 36 dvd with it without np