Sony DVD player

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by dukhnt, Dec 5, 2005.

1. dukhnt

dukhnt Member

Hi guys, I just purchased a new Sony LCD 60" TV and wanted to start putting some components together a piece at a time to complete the system. The first item I would like to purchase is a DVD player. I dont need it to hold more than one DVD, just a single disc one is fine. I suppose to max out the picture viewing possibilities I would need a HDMI capable player>? I would like to stick with Sony, but if someone can direct me in the right direction on a specific model. I wont need to record, just play the DVD. I do have a lot of -/+ R DVD's that it will need to play. Also, is this the correct thread to ask questions about HDMI cables and such? or do i need to discuss that somewhere else. Thanks a lot for the help

2. gear79

gear79 Guest

here, try this player, although not a sony, but i have it personally
    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...t&productCategoryId=cat03013&id=1107957009599

it also has HDMI output in it, but i would not spend an un-godly amount of $$$ for a HDMI cable, your local computer store will sell them for about 30 bucks or so. i have access to some HDMI cables, let me know if interested (via pm)

but, also try e-bay, they have monster in there for pennies on the dollar sometimes... (as well as other brands)
    you can get HDMI to DVI, (can also buy an adapter) or HDMI to HDMI, but if you have both HDMI to HDMI then just get that cable.

3. sycofish

sycofish Member

hello. i just bought this about a month ago and i think it is great! a litle expensive some say, but you want sony, hdmi, something to play all formats, and best of all it is a player/changer/storage.
    yeah, that's right, 400 disc. it has a built in menu for you to separate your movies by whatever category you like, plus you can make up your own folders. awesome player. check it out.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...t&productCategoryId=cat15078&id=1117178431125

if you have components like these, if you don't already have it, you also should check this out.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7365772&type=product&id=1122653038640

i have it as well. very cool. no more pile of 7 remotes.

4. paradyme

paradyme Guest

I purchased three separate players over the last 5 days those being a COMPUSA cheapy USLOGIC, then a Philips DivX DVP642-37 (Came highly recommended)and I finally settled on a SONY DVD Player model DVP-NS50P. All played +R & -R disc media The DivX players played many formats but seemed to strain to start or initilize play. I have SONY tv's in my home so I preferred SONY players because compatibility has it perks i.e. volume control (Just one remote). I was impressed with the stability (rapid initialized play) of the SONY player and picture quality. It even played the tough copies that were movie only with the remaining black screen encryption i.e MADAGASCAR,SKY HIGH with no trouble at all. So I recommend the SONY DVP-NS50P DVD player which now sells for an affordable $79.99 at both BEST BUY and COMPUSA. Oh, I exchanged the other two players for another SONY DVP-NS50P.:)