Sony DW-U10a - Firmware

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by S_T, Feb 5, 2003.

1. S_T

S_T Member

Having read the postings on this unit I can see that the DW-10a is the unsupported OEM version of the Sony DRU-500a, but as I already bought one...

Does anyone know if this unit will, like its brother, be firmware upgradeable, and if do, where from?

For example, I believe the 500a firmware upgrade 1.0g includes a read-speed tweak that is probably not in the DW-10a.

Secondly, out of interest, could somebody share what is in the DRU-500a retail box. In the DW-10a box there was the drive and one CD.

Thanks all!

2. tamarenne

tamarenne Member

not much

there are some mounting screws, and there is a DVD+RW (which you probably got). There are two CD's containing the RecordNow (Veritas) programs, etc, that come with the Sony and links to their upgrades (I think the Sony Dru500ax has those programs not the links) and there is a little quick start guide. And a few registration papers etc, but no really nice manual, its on the installation CD, I think.

And thats about it. Honestly you didnt miss much and I would assume that you can upgrade the firmware like any dru500a