Sony MPEG MOVIE HQX question

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by munky3, May 11, 2004.

1. munky3

munky3 Member

Hello..I'm not sure exactly what I'm doing. I used our digital camera/camcorder to record my friends band playing live. I have several videos of them on the camera and my computer, I need to know how I can put them onto a DVD/CD. I've tried using Windows Media Player and RealOne player but neither will work. They both say that there is some kind of error. The movies are in MPEG format. Thanks
    Nicole

2. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Windows Movie Maker comes bundled with XP and is just what you need for importing camcorder footage and burning it to a CD.

3. Hunter007

Hunter007 Regular member

Windows Movie Maker does have what is required to import the camcorder footage, but if you plan on editing it, WMM is not the way to go. In my personal experience, it is really buggy and does provide good results. Something you should try is Dazzle DVD Complete. It works well and is a stable program.

4. whassup

whassup Regular member

The Sony HQX resolution is 320x(something). In other words, the size and bitrate isn't comparable to DVD.

Since it's in MPEG format anyways, you'll have to check whether it's MPG1 or 2. You might have to re-encode to proper VCD/SVCD/DVD specs to have it play properly. However, the picture quality is going to be pretty bad.