Sp2

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by six.6.six, Apr 3, 2005.

1. six.6.six

six.6.six Regular member

I just installed Sp2 does anyone know how to stop it from downloading to a temp folder and downloading directly to the folder you want?

2. Mr_Del

Mr_Del Regular member

I am not exactly sure what you mean but will take a shot at this. When you hit save a window pops up, usualy in the last directory you saved to. At the top od this window you will see the folder name, I guess in your case it says temp, and there is a triangle pointing down nekt to it. Click on that down arrow. A big list of folders will show up. Just navigate to wherever you want to save the file and hit save. Play with it for a while you will figure it out. Oh and that folder with a star on it is what you click if you want to create a new folder.

Hope this helps
    -Del

3. six.6.six

six.6.six Regular member

Close, Like you said before sp2 when i downloaded something it would just go to the last folder i set up for download, i downloaded shrink from here today,click the link it automatically goes to a temp folder(i have no selection it just does it), then winrar opens showing me everything in the folder then ask what i would like to do, Making for more steps in the whole prosess lol!

If anyone can tell me how to turn this off Thanks!

4. Mr_Del

Mr_Del Regular member

Are you by chance using Mozzila? If so there is an othion in settings to allow you to specify the location of downloaded files. By default it is set to a Temp folder.

-Del

5. six.6.six

six.6.six Regular member

No Ie 6 it's really pisssing me off!LOL! Damn sp2!

6. Mr_Del

Mr_Del Regular member

Looks like you are the only one in the world with this problem. I am unable to find any information with this specific problem. Here are a few things you can try.

In IE 6 click tools\internet options\programs. Click the button that says reset web settings. Answere questions however you like.

In IE 6 click tools\internet options\general. In the Tempoary internet files section hit settings then move folder. See if that is what you are looking for.

Go here for reinstalling IE6: http://www.theeldergeek.com/repair_reinstall_ie_and_oe_6.htm . Option 2 is your best bet But do the SFC in option 1.

Hope this helps
    -Del

Oh yeah forgot something. If you do a repair install of Windows you will lose SP2 if your install cd does not have SP2. Could even lose SP1 if it is not on your disk.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2005