SSX 3 (takes me back to my dashboard)

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by kbritz, Dec 6, 2005.

1. kbritz

kbritz Member

Last year I transferred SSX3 from my friend's xbox to my xbox, it wouldn't play on mine but it did on my friend's so I deleted all the files out of my CACHE, UDATA & TDATA folders (because that fixed my Burnout 3 before). Anyways I gave up on that game & deleted it. Recently I got an actual copy of the game, I tried dumping it onto my xbox's hard drive = same story, it won't load, it takes me right back to my dashboard. I tried with the in game reset on & off, I also tried changing the region area. Did anyone else have this problem with SSX3 in the past? I can't find any results when I searched this forum or google.

2. suburban

suburban Member

I had that problem with GTA SA. I locked the HD and turned off IGR and something called TSR and it still wouldn't load. Then I looked at the evox.ini file and even though my settings menu showed IGR and TSR turned off, the evix.ini file had them on. So I edited the .ini file to disable those 2 options and voila it worked.

3. stros

stros Member

how would you go about doing that....

4. suburban

suburban Member

Well you have to FTP your xbox so you can work with all the files from the xbox on your computer. You dld the evox.ini file down to your PC and open it up. It's a simple text document. You scan until you see the lines TSR and IGR. They'll both =yes if they're turned on. All you do is change them to =no. Then save the document and put it back onto the xbox replacing the old one.

As far as locking the HD, you should be able to do that under the settings menu in evox.