Starting a website: Tell me about Hits

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by kiri786, Apr 22, 2010.

1. kiri786

kiri786 Guest

If I'm starting a website and my hosting plan offers 1 million max hits - Is that a lot or too little and what size website would that support. And is there any other important information about "hits" that are necessary to know when starting a website.

Thank You in advance

2. Paula_X

Paula_X Guest

you don't need to know anything about them at all.. nothing.. damn strange hosting that.. I would look elsewhere

all hits are is the number of times your site is looked at.. doubt you will get more than a few hundred a day unless you have very unique content and a very unique name.. regardless.. it's a pointless limit not worthy of discussion.. my site records about 20K hits in any 24 hours.. I think the stats come from how many times it returns to google or other search engine as the result of a search because my onsite hit counter doesn't clock anything like that number.

unless the hosting specifies EXACTLY how they calculate it there is no meaning to the number.. their incompetence by quoting it shows they are not a host worth taking seriously.. most hosts are keen for your site to get as many hits as possible (it boosts their cred and is a good advert for their services that they host popular sites) and instead put a bandwidth cap and site size limit..

this really isn't the site to come asking these types of questions.. I'm the only full time site owner who posts so go find a webmaster site and ask instead.. or do some research for yourself.. otherwise it's going to be a very long road..

juliaskitchen.co.nr

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2010
  3. ps3lvanub

ps3lvanub Regular member

Bloody hell, haven't looked at your site in ages, wonder how it's doing? Only one way to find out... *clicky, clicky*