SteelSeries 3H Microphone Problem.

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by xChronox, Jul 23, 2008.

1. xChronox

xChronox Regular member

Hi there, I recently bought the SteelSound SteelSeries 3H Headset, it comes with a built-in Microphone too.

The lead consists of 2 jacks, a Mic one and an Audio one.

The thing is I can't get my mic to work.

I've tried everything.

I use a Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3 mobo for sound, (onboard) and I use the Realtek HD Audio Manager.

when I plug in the mic it says it recognizes it, and I select mic.

The only thing is if I'm listening to music and I record a voice clip on msn the voice clip will record the music I'm listening too, and when I talk I can hear myself even when I'm not recording through the headphones.

In counter strike, which is all I bought these headphones for. (Counter Strike Source) The mic plays what I can hear, basically the game sounds. And it echoes until it turns into static when I test it.

I've tried disabling the realtek HD manager drivers but that didn't work, I had no sound at all, can someone please help me? I've looked around everywhere on google but can't seem to find a solution to my problem!

Thanks.

~ACiD

2. xChronox

xChronox Regular member

Fixed -

I had to go in HD Audio Manager and change Record to "enable multi-stream recording" change it to Realtek HDA Primary imput and leave Playback default.

It should work now =]