STEP BY STEP TO DOWNLOADING AND BURNING XBOX360 GAMES

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by duckula26, Sep 20, 2007.

1. duckula26

duckula26 Member

STEP1: Make sure your xbox360 has been flashed or chipped to play copied games.

STEP2: Download the free bitlord 1.1 or witchever bit torrent engine you prefer. also get IMG BURN and WINRAR they are also free to download.

STEP3: goto WWW.TORRENT.COM and WWW.TORRENTS.TO/ bookmark these sites they are the two best torrent sites ive found.

STEP4: xbox360 games should be between 5.00GB-6.80GB Once you started downloading your game can take anywhere from 12 hours to a week to finish depending on connection speed and number of seeders.

STEP5: once downloaded extract with winrar it should be a ISO file. sometimes theres a DVD file also but you dont need that. sometimes after you extract the ISO file it becomes a VIDEO TS AND AUDIO TS file. these wont work. a good tip if this happens is to just uninstall winrar. the VIDEO TS will then become a ISO file. then install winrar again and repeat if needed.

STEP6: make sure you have a dual layer burner. open IMGBURN at the mode option at top of screen make sure that write is checked. Goto tools then settings then write. on the right hand side you see Layer break (for DL Media)

2. yeoyo

yeoyo Member

Hello,hope you can answer this question,its bugging the life out of me.
    Ive successfully downloaded and backed up xbox360 games up until the last month or so,ive wasted so many dl disks.
    You say you dont need the DVD file,my computer used to reconize the file but doesnt anymore,have no idea why.
    also my xbox360 isn't playing any of my disks anymore.
    I have no idea what software is on my xbox360 I just know it was flashed probably 8mnths ago,I was wandering if maybe an update is needed for the newer games,whether its my computer or whether its the xbox360 it's self I have no idea.
    Any help would be brilliant.Cheers

3. yeoyo

yeoyo Member

my xbox360 still plays my older copies and originals.

4. duckula26

duckula26 Member

TRY UNINSTALLING WINRAR OR WHATEVER YOUR USING THEN TRY TO BURN THE GAME TO DISC. IF THAT DOESNT WORK THEN MAYBE YOUR DISC DRIVE AS BURNT OUT SAME THING HAPPENED TO MY FRIENDS XBOX360 IT DEPENDS HOW OLD IT IS THE NEWER THE XBOX THE MORE CHANCE IT WILL BREAK AFTER BEING FLASHED. ONLY THING YOU CAN DO IS TO BUY A NEW DISC DRIVE FROM EBAY BUT IT HAS TO MATCH THE HARD DRIVE OF YOUR XBOX SO BE CAREFUL
    GOOD LUCK

5. mperagine

mperagine Regular member

This is the (original) Xbox forum. All of this information is already available in the Xbox 360 forum, and in a formate that is a lot easier to read, understand, and follow.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2007
  6. yeoyo

yeoyo Member

I tried uninstalling winrar,which did nothing and I dont think its my drive because my older copies still work ok along with the originals.
    I normally use cdclone which has been working fine. Ive tried IMGBURN but when it gets to the sectores part near the end of the burn I get an error at 51%...
    Ive only had success with cdclone.
    I think cdclone was recognizing the DVD files but doesnt anymore..
    They just come up on my computer as an unreconizable file.
    Anymore help would be great.

7. mperagine

mperagine Regular member

Uninstalling winrar would not do anything.