Streaming Media Problem.

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by Doorbz, May 27, 2008.

1. Doorbz

Doorbz Member

Hi,

I am having a problem with streaming media from the internet. The problem is that when I visit a site such as youtube and select a video to watch it will start loading. It will then take (Depending on the size of the video) a few minutes to load. Once it loads just under half of the video will begin playing. This has been happening for a while know and I can't figure out why. Previously the video would play straight away but for some reason it now decides to load just under half of the video before it will play. This also happens with other video streaming sites and music streaming sites such as Deezer and Dailymotion.

I have tested my internet connection with other computers and my PS3. These all play the videos straight away. This tells me that it is not my internet connection that is the problem. I am thinking it is a problem with the registry as it occurs in both Internet Explorer and Firefox.

Has anyone ever had this problem or does any one know what is wrong or how to fix it?

I am running Windows XP and have tried many different internet browsers.

Thank you

Mark

P.S. sorry if this is in the wrong section

2. MUNKYEARS

MUNKYEARS Regular member

what ever happened to patience?... well sounds like your right about the registry.... i suggest using software such as Uniblu registry booster..... the free version only fixes 19 errors but the full version is amazing and is a partner of microsoft officially.... so its well worth paying for it... also this will sove any other problems that may occur on your pc in the future.... im sure you could ask google for it and google will provide :)

also check around your local torrent site you may never know what you might find.... :)

3. Doorbz

Doorbz Member

haha I am patient I was just wondering why it happened on my pc and not others using the same internet connection.

I do actually have UniBlu and yes it is good software however it does not seem to fix my problem. There are however lots of features to the program that I haven't fully tested and used yet so I will give these a go.

The problem I find with software like these is that they are very automated and I don't like that. I like to be able to do things manually.

Thank you for the suggestions I will edit my post if I ever fix the problem.

Doorbz.

4. MUNKYEARS

MUNKYEARS Regular member

sorry i didnt intend on making it sound like i was getting at you when i said what happened to patience

yes i agree it is very automated but with the intent of you not doing much work :)

have you installed any new hardware lately, i.e graphics cards, Network cards etc

5. Doorbz

Doorbz Member

Don't worry no offence taken. No I haven't installed any sort of hardware to this computer. Around the time I noticed it I had just re installed windows to one of the other computers using the internet connection. (I have 3 computers connected to a router. Two are fine and one has this problem.) I don't see how this can make any difference but it is the only thing I can think of that I have done.

Thanks for your help so far

Doorbz

6. MUNKYEARS

MUNKYEARS Regular member

i know this might seem a bit obvious but still needs to be checked

has your phone line been worked on recently or since you installed windows?

it can have an affect if the ISP decides to strengthen the line using different frequency signals down the phone line

are your network drivers are up to date?