Surely this is poss? I mean surely!!!

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by Matty_K, Jun 2, 2006.

1. Matty_K

Matty_K Guest

Ok lets assume I've no dvd writer and orig games jus gone bang, but luckily I've made a backup which is on PC HDD.

Ok so I've got the game on PC HDD in lets say 20 x 47MB files, and the norm thing to do would be unrar usin winrar or whatever so i ended up with 1 image file. I'd then burn this file usin nero etc, put in xbox drive & viola...Yep no probs all that..

But when i unrar the files to end up with 1 image file. Why cant i transfer this via FTP straight to xbox HDD, which in my case is F/Games. Whenever i try using c-xbox tool or qwix i just end up with either.

1. If i unrar the 20 files to F:\GAMES I end up with an ISO which when i plug in the xbox cannot be seen

2. Or vice versa. Of I've got the iso on desktop and use C-Xbox e.g Extraction. This just rars up all the files again on xbox HDD.

Where am i going wrong??? How do i go from an ISO to having various sub folders of game (whatever the game is) directory. The default ini and xbe. The sounds folder, the maps folder,, etc etc..

Heres an exaple of a back-up on the drive ftp://xxxxxx/F/Games/FIFA STREET 2/data/titleimage.xbx

I hope that makes sense & i hope you can help as this is doin my head in.

2. janrocks

janrocks Guest

Just use extractXiso..and split it on your pc, then ftp it back into E: or F:\ games..reboot and evox should list it in the games on hdd...