Taking pictures of whats on your screen

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by SONY007, Mar 3, 2003.

1. SONY007

SONY007 Member

What is a good proggy for taking stills or if your doing something with the cursor on your pc that you want saved so you can view what your done at a later date?

2. msb5150

msb5150 Regular member

honestly, just using print screen will capture the whole screen, but it only lets you capture one image at a time and deletes all previous images when a new one is taken. Irfan view is a free program that allows you to assign screen capture hotkeys, it can store more than one image. The only other program that I can think of right now is Correl Capture 11 from the Correl draw graphics suit, which is really bad by the way, it is just about as good as irfanview(I have both) but since it came with draw, I'll assume that it is NOT free, if print screen doesn't cut it, use irfanview, its free and can be found from http://www.download.com

Last edited: Mar 3, 2003
  3. darthnip

darthnip Moderator Staff Member

you can also use alt+printscreen to capture your desktop to the clipboard then just open "paint" or any other graphics program and hit paste, then save that way.

4. brentel

brentel Guest

There is a pretty good program out there called "SnagIt" which will allow you to do full screen captures or select regions. It also has a number of other tools for viewing, editing and saving views.