The suffering to dvd-r

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by truefate1, Jul 18, 2004.

1. truefate1

truefate1 Member

Ok I've been up and down the web trying to find out what I am doing wrong. I am trying to backup my copy of the suffering to a dvd-r. the only info i can find is about the HDD backup which i have done. The problem is that i still have the original HDD so space is limited. my xbox is also modded with the chipless mod method. at first i thought it was a media problem or that I didnt have a chip but I recently backed up my copy of shrek super party with no problems (dont ask why i have that) I can get the copy of the suffering to boot and menu up but when i start a new game first it reboots to the menu then I try again and it freezes. Please help with any info.

2. eggbert52

eggbert52 Regular member

I have backed up the Suffering with no problems at all. Not sure what your problem could be. Have you tried using only Craxtion to make the Iso and DVD Decrypter to make the copy? Sometimes people like myself have had problems with bad burns using Nero and other programs.

3. truefate1

truefate1 Member

no i haven't tried that, i am getting some new dvds today (providing the ups guy shows up) ill give it a shot. the strange thing is i burned a multi game disk with the suffering and shrek super party and shrek works just fantastic (if shrek super party and fantastic can be used in the same sentence) but i get the reoccurring problem with the suffering. maybe my copy is cursed :}anybody wanna buy an authentically cursed copy of the suffering, guaranteed to drive you crazy one way or the other. only $1,000,000. thats only $1 for every hair ive pulled out over this game;0

p.s. i have been using craxation.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2004
  4. truefate1

truefate1 Member

URRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGG. ok now i used craxation and dvd dycrypt and i am getting "unknown" in the media window....did i just buy 100 useless dvds?

5. eggbert52

eggbert52 Regular member

I think I know what you're problem is but if you got Shrek to back up then that confuses me. When you use craxtion are you opening the file before you make the iso? Because if you don't then you won't actually burn an iso you will just burn the game that won't be recognized. Hence disc unknown.

6. truefate1

truefate1 Member

what do you mean by opening the file? i open craxtion i select "make iso" i highlight the folder my game is in and i choose the "out" folder and hit "create".....I am not sure what you mean by "opening the file"

7. big_g-man

big_g-man Regular member

i've heard that some games just won't copy. i've had the same problem with need for speed: underground. unless i'm doing something wrong, some just don't work.

8. truefate1

truefate1 Member

nothing is uncopyable...its all 1's and 0's, basic binary data. this trick is finding a way to read those 1's and 0's properly and then "photocoping" them to media. as long as you have the time and the resources you will find a way.

9. truefate1

truefate1 Member

ok i figured you mean "double clicking " the actual ISO image rather then highlighting it in disk decrypt, i did that and it reads "game" now but now there are only 18 files.... i figure that may be a problem with the ISO itself so I will play with that for a bit and let you know how that works

10. truefate1

truefate1 Member

uuuuuuuuugggggggggg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Ok ......it reads it as game but its missing files!!!
    ive tried caxtion ive tried xboxiso both make the iso the isos have all the files but the disks dont!!!! ive tried mortal kombat, the sufering, and wrath unleashed. same problem with all. is this a media problem?

11. scottas

scottas Guest

I've had to reset the IGR setting to "no" in my dashboard .ini file. This eliminated many of the problems with my backups playing.

12. truefate1

truefate1 Member

ive done that already (igr off) but that wouldnt make files disapear off my disk

13. Lowride66

Lowride66 Guest

I had the same problem using xiso....then I switched to Qwix.

14. djboogie

djboogie Regular member

yea try qwix or craxtion 4
    although like egg, I backed up suffering with craxtion 3 with no probs

15. truefate1

truefate1 Member

i think its definitly media....i am having problems with movies and data as well....buy cheap buy twice i guess

16. Lowride66

Lowride66 Guest

Also, The Suffering causes other problems itself. You need to use DVD2XBOX to patch the xbe with NFL 2004 (included}, to get a backup of it to even run. Lots of people having trouble with it. (guess how I found out?}

17. FullySik

FullySik Guest

the suffering is more than 4.7gb so u cant copy that until the new 8gb dvdr comes out

18. truefate1

truefate1 Member

i dont know what version you have but the one i have is 2.4 gigs or something. i copied it to may hard drive and played it to the end then I ftped it to my comp. its all under 3 gigs

19. truefate1

truefate1 Member

well it wasnt media it was the drive, damn thing crapped out on me. liteon did replace it for the price of shipping though. gonna try again