think there was a HUGE misunderstanding!!!!

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by burnr, Aug 26, 2007.

1. burnr

burnr Member

i had posted a couple of threads below, and they are now closed because the moderator said it was due to piracy? and multi-posting?i was just simply asking how to upload a fan based video in dvd format, which contains vob files and others,trying to upload them, i didn't try to break any sort of copyright law or whatever,and i most certainly didn't mean any disrespect,just to clear things up,thanks

2. onya

onya Guest

A lesson has been learned yeah? It speaks volumes for you that you wish to set things right. Keep in mind that there aren't too many that get second chances. All the best with your further postings.

3. Ripper

Ripper Active member

See, when you don't specify, you get in trouble. If you had told everyone that the dvd was not copyright protected (i presume it isn't - if it is, it is illegal and that is piracy) then we'd have been happy to help.

However, mulitposting is just a pain in the arse. The same subject matter accross two threads is considered multiposting and makes everyone's job harder:

- Mods have to keep track of and close one thread
    and
    - Users have to help accross threads, get confused and think "sod this".

Also, the best way to address things like this is to PM the MOderator concerned.

Anywho, if in fact your dvd you wish to convert and eventually upload to torrent format is not copyright protected and indeed legal to do so with then I'm sure if you ask ddp nicely he can re-open one of your threads for some help.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2007