tons of PCs, what to do with them?

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by wwwyzzerd, Nov 26, 2008.

1. wwwyzzerd

wwwyzzerd Member

i have tons, i mean tons of old PCs, i do computer repairs for whoever ask me too, and since ive been doing this for a few months now, i have acquired quite a few old PCs for parts or whatever i may need them for, well i want to do something crazy with them, but i have no idea what, i thought about networking them all together and making some kind of cheap music studio for when me and a couple friends get together to jam, but idk, anyways, im asking, what would be a kool thing to do with all these old PCs, most of them are pentium IIIs 450mhz and up with at least 128mb of ram a piece, and about a 10gb hdd a piece, and a few of them are 1.2ghz celerons with about 256mb ram

oh, and i got an old compaq proliant 800 server next to the guitar that i didnt feel like pulling out that might be worth doing something with

yeah, my house is a mess, had a party a couple days ago and havent really felt like cleaning up right now
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Evastar

Evastar Regular member

By the looks of those pictures you're posting, the first thing i'd do would be check them for mice!

A friend of mine was having problems, found a fried mouse glued to the inside of his case! ;)

3. wwwyzzerd

wwwyzzerd Member

yeah, house is a mess, especially that room, dont have any mice or anything like that though, guess i better clean up before i do though, anyways, so i guess no ideas huh? i guess ill just sell them all or something, might get something for them

4. Smee342

Smee342 Member

so whats with that red laptop looks nice, whats in side, im thinking of a nice way to play with Linux with out to much clutter for my self. what problems does it have ^^

Smee

5. Smee342

Smee342 Member

also with all that equipment we can bring Skynet Online

ahahah

6. wwwyzzerd

wwwyzzerd Member

lol, yeah, that thing is ancient, does what i need it to do though, its actually running ubuntu, ibm thinkpad i series 1200 1161-11u 550mhz celeron cpu, 160mb ram, 30gb hdd, 2mb graphics, its actually upgraded to that, and its maxed out, lol, but it runs ubuntu really well, i just use it for browsing the web, and for media, i painted it, and colored all over it with marker when i had nothing better to do, up close its actually pretty ugly, looked good when i first painted it though, lol

7. Smee342

Smee342 Member

well then i will offer my assistance then, SKY NET MUST GO LIVE lol

sorry caps ahahahah

Smee

8. onya

onya Guest

@wwwyzzerd. It isn't very often I get old pc's, but when I do, I bundle them with a crt and a printer and give them away. P2's are just way to old..but P3's...no worries.
    There is a community based centre close by that opens to let school kids (with their parents) do homework. Many family's can't afford the net or even afford a pc. So I donate whatever comes my way with regards to pc hardware. This centre receives little or no government help (that I know of) and so solely relies upon community generosity to function.
    The rows of pc's, screens and printers look very "hotch potch"..but the work gets done and the kids benefit immensely.

Just a thought.

9. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

10. Smee342

Smee342 Member

well i guess thats kool lol helping the poor is nice lol but then again SKY NET think of the possibilities lol

i say go for the poor.

Smee

11. onya

onya Guest

Hmmmn irradiate the poor with skynet eh? *wicked laugh* (just kidding folks)

12. wwwyzzerd

wwwyzzerd Member

recreate skynet.. where am i gonna get huge weapons? and im poor, lol, so i dont think im gonna go for that, lol

13. Smee342

Smee342 Member

there is no recreating Skynet there is just creation ahah, and once it is up it will create its own weapons lol

ahahah good one.

14. 2oldskool

2oldskool Guest