Tony Hawk's American Wasteland problem

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by tententen, Oct 24, 2005.

1. tententen

tententen Member

i get the filename too long BS when i try to put this on my HD. does somebody know an easy way around this and any other problems i might encounter with this game

2. tententen

tententen Member

could someone please help. i havent been able to find much on this game.
    the ps2 version is all weird too.
    thank you

3. toney420

toney420 Guest

I'm not sure if it will play off harddrive cause on my one box I have an older version of dvd2xbox and it renames the files so I believe you'll eventually run into problems (not sure) and on my other box it freezes @ about 4%. So what I did was rip the game to my pc harddrive and created an iso with craxtion burnt it disk using clonedvd and so far have not had any problems. Hope this helps.

4. tententen

tententen Member

i cant get it to my xbox hard drive though. my dvd2xbox stopped working awhile ago, it just freezes when i try to use it. so i use px hdloader which is the only thing that works right now. it wont rip to my HD because of the long filename error, so i cant get that far to make an iso. and i cant rip it from the xbox dvd drive using qwix it just doesnt seem to work for me. i would like to just get the iso somehow

5. larrylje

larrylje Active member

I recently came across this problem as well. So I did the following and it worked and im playing it off the hard drive. This was a fix for the NBA Live 06 HD problem and just used that fix to play TH American wasteland off the hard drive as well.

This is a fix for people that have used the NKPAtcher10 krayzies installer as there softmod.

6. Bubba1982

Bubba1982 Regular member

if your version of dvd2xbox isn't working then jump onto #Xbins and grab an updated version & give it a try.

7. BlackSol

BlackSol Member

1. FTP game directly from Xbox to PC
    2. Run XBEPatcher on TH folder on PC
    3. FTP back to Xbox
    4. good to go...

I am at Santa Monica on story and the Mall on classic and no problems yet

8. Xpressor

Xpressor Regular member

ripped my Tony Hawk American Wasteland no problem. game was automatically just titled "American Wasteland". i was frantically looking for game in T's. but low and behold it was in A's. Dont know why. Then with previous Tony Hawk Under Ground 2. it was just labeled THUG2. go figure.... hmm, i did everything from dvd2xbox. didnt encounter any file name or label problems...

9. Bubba1982

Bubba1982 Regular member

You like to do things the long way don't ya. Just use Craxtion 4 or Qwix to copy the game from the Disc in the xbox's dvd drive, then either burn it of ftp it back to the xbox.

10. BlackSol

BlackSol Member

Perhaps you can explain how doing it your way will fix the long filenme problem...

EDIT:
    Well, the FTP part. I realize the burnt disc will work fine.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2005
  11. Bubba1982

Bubba1982 Regular member

well.... I'm not 100% sure on this but... I think both Craxtion & Qwix rename long filenames.

12. BlackSol

BlackSol Member

Hmmmm, interesting, well if they do that and also fix the file pointers in the XBE then I guess they would work. Guess I am going to have to look into that.

13. starshank

starshank Member

after I have copied THAW from the xbox dvd drive to my comp, will it play if i just ftp the folder from my comp to my xbox F:games? or do i need to do another step to have it work correctly?

14. bob39837

bob39837 Member

I have xbcopy and dvd2xbox. Everytime I go to either one of them with Tony Hawk American Wasteland, both of them just freeze.

15. ratlhead

ratlhead Member

It's because the filenames are too long on some of the files. All you have to do is burn it to DVD or rename the files when you use quix to transfer to you're xbox. I did the latter, just keep the extension and name the file 1.xxx, 2.xxx etc worked fine for me.
    Hope this helps