totally lost

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by nuchy, Aug 5, 2007.

1. nuchy

nuchy Member

after weeks of reading various tutorials and forums i am completley confussed. my xbox 360 is flashed. can i copy games using FTP to my computer or does my Xbox 360 have to have a modchip? also if i bought a 120 GB official hard drive will this just simply connect as a 20 gb one would?
    thanks for your help as you can probably tell i am very new to all this!

2. lilg_06

lilg_06 Regular member

Im guessing you bought your xbox 360 pre-flashed of someone else, this allows you to play backups of dual layer disks, at present there is no method possible to copy games to the 360 hard drive and play them from there, and I dont think modders are trying to achieve this atm.

The 120GB hd will plug on as the standard 20gb does, but you cant copy your games onto it.

3. nuchy

nuchy Member

yeah i did buy it pre-flashed, right ok thanks very much so i can make my own back-up's yeah using my 360 and my computer?

4. lilg_06

lilg_06 Regular member

Yes, you will need to connecr the drive in your xbox 360 to your computer via a sata port to backup your games, as they cannot be read in a standard dvd drive, or you coud buy a toshiba samsung SH-D162 dvd drive and flash it with kreons firmware, which you could then use to copy your games.

5. nuchy

nuchy Member

thanks very much,would following the FTP tut's allow me to back-up my disc's? or not as my 360 is flashed?

6. lilg_06

lilg_06 Regular member

No modification allows backups to be made by an FTP connection to the 360 at this time, the only method is to remove the dvd drive from the 360, and connect it to your computer, and make backups, or buy a Samsung SH-D162 dvd drive, which you then flash with the kreon firmware, this is by far the easiest method yet, you can get a D162C version which connects through IDE, or you can get the D162A version which connects through a sata port. This will allow you to make backups easily. Unfortunately, you cannot make backups by FTP connection at present.