Transfering pics to sony trv38 mini dv and viewing on tv?

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by shyke, Jul 24, 2003.

1. shyke

shyke Member

Hi,
    I am new to the video world. Just recieved my Sony trv38 mini dv cam. I am interested in transferring still pictures to the memory card and then viewing them using the dv cam as a mediator on my tv screen.
    I tried to to transfer pics from all sources (digital camera, Scanned negatives etc') but I not able to view them on tv or on the camera lcd itself if it matters.
    When the dv cam is connected to the computer I see that the files exist on the memory stick.
    I am only able to view on the tv pics that were taken with the dv cam itself (i am connected via s-video), so I thought it might be a re-name or color profile issue. I changed the color profile with photoshop to the one the dv cam is using (sRGB IEC61966-2.1) and it still did not work.

Any ideas how to work around it?

Sorry for the long post, Any help will be appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Shyke

2. Discmania

Discmania Active member

It's much easier to create a photo CD or slideshow DVD to play on your standalone DVD player/TV - the quality is excellent. You can create a basic photo CD with Nero burning rom or a DVD slideshow complete with menu and music soundtrack and transitions with a video editing suite. I use Pinnacle Studio 8. Sorry if this doesn't answer your prob directly but it's worth considering.