Trouble converting VOB file to WMV

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by JuliaM, May 12, 2010.

1. JuliaM

JuliaM Member

Hello. I couldn't find a forum for my question so I'm putting it here. Hopefully it is the right place :)

A few weeks back, I began having a problem. When I upload a DVD to my computer, one of the VOB files looks different than the other 3. The other 3 have pictures, and this one file doesn't. It just has the symbol for Windows Music Player. When I try to convert my DVD's, they stop halfway through and say they are not able to convert. I tried changing the file name to avi, wmv, mpg. I got nothing. This has happened on 3 different DVD's now, so I know it isn't just the DVD that is the problem.

I have been uploading DVD's for years and never had problems. I'm really lost. All I want to do is upload a DVD to my comp, convert that DVD to WMV. Upload that WMV file to WMM and make 10 minute vids.

Any help would be wonderful. Thanks!

Julia

2. culpeck

culpeck Regular member

what program are you using to convert these files

3. JuliaM

JuliaM Member

I was using Koyote Video Converter, then I tried dvd videosoft. Neither of those worked. Yesterday, I did download WinX video converter, and I was able to convert the one VOB file into a WMV file, so I have that down now. However, the picture is really not as good as the files that were converted with my Koyote converter. Any ideas on what settings I should use?

4. culpeck

culpeck Regular member

try convert x to dvd or Aiseesoft Video Converter i find theese to be the best both have very good quality

Last edited: May 13, 2010
  5. JuliaM

JuliaM Member

Thanks much!! Will try them and see what I get :)