trouble getting backups to work...HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by D33BO, Mar 3, 2008.

1. D33BO

D33BO Member

Hello all,
    I thought myself to be pretty profecient at ftp'ing games from my xbox to my pc, the creating the iso and burning back to disc.

however backing up my kids two latest games seem to be giving me a headache. I FTP either game using flashFXP then use Qwix to create the ISO file. I then use IMGburn to burn the iso to disc, but here lies the problem:
    I don't get an error message on any step of the proccess, but neither game seems to want to load when i put it back in the xbox.
    I tried using Memorex DVD-R's as well as +R's with the same reult.
    any ideas folks?
    Thanks
    D33BO

2. varnull

varnull Guest

Memosux disks are crap.. end of story, plus qwix makes buggy xiso's at the best of times.

google CloneXB for a real simple xiso maker/patcher. and buy some reasonable dvd-r disks.. xbox doesn't like +r disks.. ritek (ridata) and similar always work well at the same price as the crappy ones.
    Don't buy 16x disks of any quality.. none of the 5 xbox drives I have here will even see the disks.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2008
  3. corn

corn Guest

I wouldn't say there bad disks, I have Memorex 16x DVD-R. I havent had a single bad burn, thats games, data, and movie combined.
    Probably just QWIX, have you considered playing them right off the hard drive? They would load faster, and no more disk switching is incredible. Just my two cents..

4. D33BO

D33BO Member

thanks for your input guys, very much appreciated.
    I tried burning the one game at 2.5x speed and it worked okay. Now to try the other one....

5. corn

corn Guest

Glad it worked, yeah make sure you burn slow, you can try x4, or whatever your disks recommends.

6. omegared

omegared Member

My Xbox likes DVD+R's more than DVD-R's. I think it's more about the drive. And I've used Memorex dvd+/-r disks before, and they've worked fine, and still are!