TV Top unit that plays data video, audio, photo files? What is it?

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by generalno, Jan 6, 2006.

1. generalno

generalno Member

Ive heard that a cheap hardware unit exists which allows us to independent from our computers, play data video, audio & photo files directly to our tv. So we dont have to try burning the data files to a dvd (as this seems to hardly ever actually work like the deceitful, theiving DVD authoring software crooks lie that it does) and waste time and money and discs.

Supposedly this unit which is said to be availble under $50 attaches directly to a tv or monitor and will play data video files like avi mpg mpeg2 etc as a normal video onto the tv.

Okay, but i have been searching on internet for such a thing to buy and havent come across it. Maybe i dont know right name to use in search?

Does anyone know what this player is called, and if you have links to where its sold and information on it please post here for us all.?

Thanks.

2. gear79

gear79 Guest

i don't know of what unit you are looking for but i can tell you that there are DVD players out there that do what you want and more.
    i have an LG LDA-511, it plays data, has a memory card slot for digital cameras, plays .jpeg .mpeg1-7 and a load more formats, plus has HDMI upconversion. Best Buy is selling it for 150 bucks.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2006