tv tuner recognition in virtual dub

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by willya29, Jan 28, 2005.

1. willya29

willya29 Guest

I have a pixelview tv mpeg2 card. When trying to use virtual dub to record from tv, virtual dub will not recognize my card. I have used it before without this problem. It keeps telling me I have another program running, bu I can,t find one if it is. I have Nerovision, flaskmpeg,intervideo win dvr,tmpgenc, win moviemaker,descaler, on my computer. Will any of these interfere withVirtdub? If so which one and what can I do about it? Thanks in advance for any advice

2. Veblin

Veblin Active member

Intervideo Win DVR is probably what is doing it. There will be a icon in the Taskbar Notification area. Right click on the icon and select exit. If you don't see the icon it may be hidden. Right click in a blank area there and select Properties, and un-check Hide inactive icons.

3. willya29

willya29 Guest

Thanks for the quick reply. Tried your advice, but it didn't work. Still does the same thing. When I click on capture avi, I get the message at the bottom of virtual dub 401. Don't know what that means. Then, if I go any further Vdub tells me it is not respondning. When I go to close it, I have to cmpletely sht down my "puter. Then restart to do anything else. I have a real problem but sure don't know what it is. I even uninstalled then reinstalled Vdub. Still the same thing. I am considering uninstalling Intervideo win dvr, but then my tuner card may not work. I am getting desperate. I can record with Nero, but I only get black and white. Program starts in color then quicly goes to B&W.If it keeps on I am going to uninstall everything and start over.