Uk ISP who doesn't throttle downloads?

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by compact, Sep 5, 2008.

1. compact

compact Regular member

HI
    I am currently using BT, but evertyhing has slowed down.
    Since they are members of the poisoned 6, who are check Bittorent and slowing everything, I am looking to move.

Can someone recommend a good ISP, £20 a month, that doesn't do the nasty anti-bittorrent stuff (I know they may all do in time, but surely the smaller ones won't for a year or two)

Cheers

2. onya

onya Guest

Hey to compact, this won't help you any but it might provide an insight, as to what's goin' on elsewhere....if you don't mind me throwin' me hat into the ring? We as Australians have one of the best mobile phone networks in the world, including 3G and the soon to be 4G networks and yet our internet services are comparable to "developing countries". It's going to take, according to the pundits, at least five years to "roll out" fast broadband across the nation. We are currently being flooded with providers that offer soooo much less than our counterparts, and are being cajoled into long term contracts at exorbitant prices. Needless to say that moneys are going offshore by the truck load. Heaven knows how this end will deal with P2P when we eventually get reasonable access.

So it seems that making a phone call to ya mates was more important than doin' business over the net. The politicians that are culpable, might find it comes back to bite them on the ar$e. Ain't it funny how kharma works?

Sorry to take up your thread in this way compact. Best wishes with your search in 'ol blighty. Perhaps that sooner or later, we'll all get a fair dinkum go.