Universal Remote

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by Chriisy, May 16, 2010.

1. Chriisy

Chriisy Member

Well my T.V is being gay again and I require a new remote as I have lost mine . I was looking at Universal Remotes and I was just wondering if anyone knows if they would work with HD Ready T.V's.

I have a Goodmans LD3265D1 that is not under warranty or I would ring Comet up and ask them to come and fix it as it does not take 2 seconds. All I need is to push up on the channel button and the T.V will work again. I have been looking at this remote on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/New-8-1-Unive...nics_Video_RemoteControls&hash=item1c11366792

^^Is there anyway that I could find out whether this would work with a Goodmans T.V ??

It says it works on most brands ever made so am just wondering if i should give it a shot.
    My mate also suggested getting a remote from the pound shop that could do the job but i am not sure.

2. Paula_X

Paula_X Guest

the one on fleabay IS a pound shop one.... why don't you look down the back of the sofa?.. I mean.. a remote is going to be in the room with the tv isn't it.. logically..

you can't second guess which "universal" remotes will work and which won't until you get them and try them.. that's life, so save yourself a lot of hassle and go to poundland..

3. Chriisy

Chriisy Member

I think I chucked it when i had a big tidy up :(

Will try one from poundland and see if it works :)

I found a website that has 2 remotes that will work with my T.V but if i buy one will i have to type in a code to get it working with my T.V or should it work out of the box?

4. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

moved to correct forum as not a feedback & suggestions issue.

5. Paula_X

Paula_X Guest

guess.. 3 numbers on a keypad too much effort for you?

6. xboxdvl2

xboxdvl2 Regular member

just don't lose the instruction manual otherwise you can be trying numbers all night LOL

7. Chriisy

Chriisy Member

Got the remote but can only turn the T.V on and of because i think my T.V has gone into burning mode.

The last time it did this a guy from comet entered a code of something and then it was fine. But since my warranty has run out i don't no if they will still fix it ??