Unknown Sci-Fi / Horror film...

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by retroborg, May 7, 2010.

1. retroborg

retroborg Regular member

In summer 1994, I saw on TV a sci-fi horror film. I vaguely remember the plot going like this:

Some astronauts in a space-shuttle find an alien space-ship with some humanoid aliens in stasis (one alien was female which later has a relation with one of the male astronauts). They recover them and bring them back to earth and then all hell brakes loss. Those aliens are actually some kind of demonic race and turn the human population into zombie-like / un-dead beings, while the alien ship which is in orbit around earth, unfolds into an umbrella shape and begins to absorb the human life force. Towards the end of the film one of the demon / aliens is seen standing over a pile of dead bodies with flames all around him as he unfolds his demon-like wings and the astronaut kills him by sticking a metal spike into his chest.
    In the end the male astronaut leaves earth with the female alien using the umbrella ship.

My guess is that it was released before 1990, but I can not remember the name.

If anyone knows the name of the film, I would really appreciate it.
    Thanks in advance

Last edited: May 7, 2010
  2. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Your answer was contained within your post, "Life Force" http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0089489/ I remembered the film because it is repeated so often but also because of Mathilda May the stunning actress playing the role of the female alien.

I think she had two lines, I hung on every word :)

Last edited: May 7, 2010
  3. retroborg

retroborg Regular member

Life Force!! Yeap, that's it!
    Thank you so much!

I didn't expect anyone to actually remember this film. I see it's older than I thought (1985). Interestingly Patrick Stewart plays in it.

Did you like this film? I thought it was so cool back then and was so scared when I watched it, as I was quite young!! Lol!! :) :D

I just checked the info and it turns out that those aliens were vampire / bat-like not demons.