Unlocked, now what?

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by superdogg, Jun 17, 2006.

1. superdogg

superdogg Member

Hi guys,

Newbie question I'm afraid. I've got an old Aiwa XD-DV480 and I have unlocked it to region 0. However, I can't get it to playback on the US TV I'm currently using. I can see that region1, for example, discs are playing, but the screen is completely messed up.

Any help on how to actually play region 1 on this old dvd player would be HUGELY appreciated (the kids got sent some region 1 dvd's and are driving me mad asking to be able to watch them).

Many, many thanks for any help anyone can provide.

2. JVC

JVC Active member

Sounds like you're in a different country, than the USA?
    Your country may use the PAL format, and region 1 (USA) movies are in the NTSC format. One does not work with the other. You'll need some software that can convert from NTSC to PAL.
    I don't know of any personally. Look around (use search feature) this site, and you'll probably find something for this. If not, do a Google search.
    Good luck!

3. superdogg

superdogg Member

Thanks JVC,

I'm using a NTSC TV trying to play region 2 (UK) dvd's. Now I've unlocked the DVD player it does play them, but when I set the output control on the DVD player to ntsc it still does not display properly on the ntsc tv.

I'll see if I can get some means to convert the dvd's, but I think that this will be getting well outside my level of technical knowledge on this subject. :)

Thanks again!