unreadable disc error...

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by jgon371, Aug 28, 2007.

1. jgon371

jgon371 Guest

Hi guys i have a question...i backed up my def jam icon game using the following method:
    1. Xbox Backup Creator (newest version) to rip (at 2.4x) and burn (2.4x) the iso image.
    2. Used samsung d162c with kreon v.81 to rip.
    3.Verbatims +R DL used
    5.I have a sammy MS28, dont know the flashed firmware (a friend did it for me).

@ certian point the game give me a unreadable disc error ALWAYS, i burned again and did not give me the error anymore, but i haven't been far enough in the game to test for another error.

Do anyone know what might be causing this problem? i think is the burn, which way is better to burn backups, the XBC or IMAGEBurn?

2. TwinBlade

TwinBlade Regular member

Hi, I am having the exact same problem. I had this problem with bioshock as it wasn't loading up (black screen and dirty disc error) even though the night before I Was playing it for hours! So i tried the rubber band trick and great it worked! Now however it gets to the firt load screen, when you load up a saved game and the dvd drive makes a lot of grinding noises eventually stops spinning the disc and I get a dirty disc error.

Similar ting happen in other games, The darkness for example. Continuous stopping and starting of the dvd drive with loads of noises and then the occasional dirty disc error!

I know it's not the media as my friend and I use the same media and games work perfectly for his.
    What could be wrong?

Thanks

EDIT: by the way, I can play original perfectly! With none of the disc drive noise.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2007