uploading videos to a web site

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by rtrg, Mar 26, 2009.

1. rtrg

rtrg Regular member

Can anyone tell me in detail, but also in simple language how I can upload videos that are stored on dvds and vcr tape? Do I need a capture device? Can I use the usb connector? Special cables? How do I send it to the tower and find it later? Sending it to the web site? There is a form on the site that asks for file name. folder, ect from which the process starts. I have no clue. This might seem too simple a question for many of you to bother with, but I need to start somewhere. Any help is welcome. The site I am using is giving me the option of uploading content in order to keep using it for "FREE". Otherwise I will need to buy a membership which I refuse to do. Once I learn how to do this, I can resubmit content as needed, not to mention that other users may wish contact via email. That would be a plus. At this time I do not have any special equiptment to do this, no capture devise, scanner, cables, ect. Thank you in advance for anyone who is willing to help this novice.

2. KillerBug

KillerBug Active member

If it is on DVD, you can use DVD Decrypter in IFO mode to copy the movie to the hard drive...then you can convert it to a web-compatable format. If it is on VHS, you need a video capture card or a digital VCR.

Software 2 Get:
    DVD dycrypter
    TMPGenc XPress

Before you start, you should figure out what media your videos are on now (VHS, DVD, ?BETAMAX?)...DVD is by far the easiest and fastest format for doing something like this.

...Then you need to figure out what formats the website supports.

...Also be careful; most sites that charge for content uploaded by users are illigal sites.

3. rtrg

rtrg Regular member

Thank you for the info. I will print this page. I the software "FREE"? Is it easy to use? The site I plan to upload it to is, as ar as I know not illegal. Many users repetedly upload video. Is a "CAPTURE" devise very expencive? Does the software/device guide me to how and where to put the content on the hdd and how to find it ater and how to get it to the site? Can I erace THAT content ONLY to save hdd space? I certaintly cannot afford to accidently erace the OS. More details please.