Urgent Hotmail Security Issue ? - my neighbour was trapped in Nigeria with no money

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by sugarlugs, Nov 21, 2008.

1. sugarlugs

sugarlugs Member

Has anyone else had a problem with this I received an e mail this morning saying that my neighbour was trapped in Nigeria with no money and needed me to send him 2000 dollars I know he isnt in Nigeria but on speaking to his wife she tells me that everyone in his address book has recieved this e mail and it looks like it has actually come from his Hotmail e mail address,he uses MSN Messenger regularly so not sure if this is how they have got in, any answers gratefully recieved

2. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

it is a scamm, someone has gotten a hold of his user nam and password, he needs to change his password.

3. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

is just a modified nigerian scam so don't worry about it.

4. griselda7

griselda7 Member

The last Nigerian scam said I won $20 Million, dollars, yet I need to deposit $50,000 to an account (offshore) to verify it was me before I could receive my winnings.All done by email

5. varnull

varnull Guest

Anything that arrives unexpected asking for money, details, passwords and other information like bank details and pin numbers is a scam.

Like all these "you have won £xxxxxxxxxxx in some lottery.. please give us your bank details so we can deposit the money" scams.. I still want to know how I can win a lottery without entering :)

oh.. set up a scam.. that's how XD

*sings* All I want for xmas is a soap on a rope :lol: