US Logic DP3182 Progressive Scan DVD Player

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by jmikeh, Dec 21, 2005.

1. jmikeh

jmikeh Guest

I am a very happy Philips 642 owner. But I wanted to try out this other player I found at Compusa for $59.99. I have read little about it and wanted to see if it can handle Divx/Xvid's Qpel and Gmc that the Philips cannot.

Anyone with any other input, please add. I will be running the player through the DivxTest CD this weekend and will post the results on their website. http://www.divxtest.com

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 21, 2005
  2. MannyVjr

MannyVjr Member

I went I bought the US Logic and I came into some bumps... like it was mentioned, some of the Anime I have on DVDs cuts off the low subtitles, and I came into a batch of episodes that only play the first 10 seconds and then stop playing (Naruto here), skipping to the next one. My guess it's the way they were encoded.

Some the picture won't come at all (my BLEACH episodes), if it comes it's all blotchy and weird color schemes (stuttering like crazy)

had a VCD that won't play on it (can't recall which utility i used to make it).

3. rick5446

rick5446 Guest

Well heres another Player to hit the retail Market
    Don't know anything about this unit,just seen it at CircuitCity

At:CircuitCity
    Astar DVD Player (DVX6881)AST DVX6881
    • Progressive scan
    • DivX compatible
    • Multi-format playback
    • A/V versatility

Price was:$59.00
    You save:-$11.01
    You pay:$47.99
    Mail-in rebate(s):-$10.00

Progressive-scan playback: When connected to a digital TV, this versatile slim-line DVD player delivers smooth, enhanced progressive-scan (480p) images.

DivX compatible: For your added viewing pleasure, you can play DVDs that are in the DivX format.

4. jmikeh

jmikeh Guest

4 reviews over at Videohelp on this player. At this point, so-so...

5. rick5446

rick5446 Guest

Well its just good to see more & more of these players hitting the market..Divx Xvid AVI is starting to get a little more attention in the player category.I think local businesses are finaly catching on that people want something that will play everything at a fair to reasonable price

6. rick5446

rick5446 Guest

Personaly after reading those reviews[Astar DVD PlayerDVX6881],I probably would not by the player..hopefully improvements will be made to all players as more & more hit the open range

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2006
  7. jmikeh

jmikeh Guest

Does anyone know if this player supports random files and folders for mp3 file playback?? If it does I can't find it.

Thanks...

8. rick5446

rick5446 Guest

@ jmikeh..Don't know about random,but it plays MP3'S

9. bryanjmcc

bryanjmcc Member

I have the US Logic model and it's pretty good. just watched the newest Lost episode through the component cables R/G/B and it looked great. A few stutters, but that could have been the encode.
    My question is, [bold]how do I find it's code for a universal remote?[/bold]I can't find the freQ by 'scanning' for it?
    Any suggestions?

10. rick5446

rick5446 Guest

not a clue