USB Instant DVD + DV

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by brylis, Jul 2, 2004.

1. brylis

brylis Member

I am new to all this, so I hope you can understand what I am trying to do. I want to be able to copy my family vhs videos and 8mm movies to DVDs. I have been looking at some sites for general info. I have come across "USB Instant DVD + DV" device which is something new to me. Would this be good for what I want to do, would the quality be good, what about a capture card, which is better??? Can anyone tell me of good sites to visit regarding converting VCRs to DVDs, what equipment I would need and what all this is going to cost me?? Looking for any advice I can get. Thanz!!

2. devil60

devil60 Guest

As for the VHS videos I have and use the 321 DVD X Maker and dazzle and buy DVD + only. You will need a DVD burner ($250) and a DVD reader ($100) on your computer (at best buy) the DVD burner to make the DVD and the DVD reader so you can check them out. Also as for the 8mm movies that is best if you let some Comp do them for you that has the hardware, that can cost you big time $$$$ I look into one time
    You will need the DVD Shrink (free software) and the Nero($100) for your DVDs that you buy this is a good past time by the way and how old is the computer that you have and the Processor on it

_
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]=Once A Marine Always A Marine:=
    "From now until the end of the world, we and it shall be remembered. We few, we Band of Brothers. For he how sheds his blood with me shall be my brother."
    - William Shakespeare ("King Henry V")[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 4, 2004