USB Memory Drive Not Formatted - Data Recovery

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by edbalcomb, Aug 1, 2008.

1. edbalcomb

edbalcomb Member

Hi Guys,

I've been using my USB stick for ages and suddenly its decided it needs to be formatted. I thought I had everything backed up but I really need to get some files back, mainly MS Word files.

I downloaded a program called EASEUS Data Recovery Wizard, but this only lets me preview the files unless I pay for the full version, which I'm reluctant to do. I also don't fancy typing up my notes again.

Also tried TestDisk, but couldn't even get that to install! I couldn't find the extraction files in the WIN folder?

So if anyone could recommend a free program to restore my data I would be really really grateful. And also give me the basic steps to use the program.

Thanks!

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

3. martin781

martin781 Member

I have used Stellar Phoenix data recovery software to recover my data.You can use Stellar Phoenix file recovery software.Download the free demo version from
    http://www.stellarinfo.com/file-recovery.htm
    In demo version you will be able to see the preview of your recoverable file.Once you see the preview of your file means your data can be recovered.Go for full version to complete your recovery.

4. edbalcomb

edbalcomb Member

Thanks for your help.

I went through the ones you listed and ended up using File Scavenger from Snapfiles. It was perfect as I could use the trial version to restore files under 64kb, which meant I could get all my word files back. Very easy to use too.

Cheers

5. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

no problem, teach & learn