Using Mouse with DVD on TV?

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by mikehende, May 1, 2005.

1. mikehende

mikehende Regular member

What's the easiest way to do whatever you're doing on the pc on TV please? Meaning, I have instructional DVD's that I would like to sit back and relax and watch it on the TV instead of on a pc monitor but this means that I will have to be able to use a mouse to navigate between the pages, help?

2. stubar

stubar Member

Use a wireless mouse!
    You 'generaly' get a metre of cable and the useable distance is also about a metre, soooo If your PC is within 2 metres of the PC, there you go. (After that you're talking abour usb ext cables ect)
    Enjoy

3. mikehende

mikehende Regular member

Appreciate the info but I don't understand something here, all wireless mice come with a USB connection of it's receiver so how can this receiver be connected to a TV?

4. steve7059

steve7059 Member

Another option might be to get a Firefly Remote from snapstream.com. It's really intended as a remote control for watching TV on your PC, but it also includes a mouse mode. I have one myself, and I think it's one of the best accessories I've ever bought!

Look at it here: http://www.snapstream.com/Products/firefly/default.asp

5. steve7059

steve7059 Member

6. mikehende

mikehende Regular member

That's my thread Steve, I just gave a reply to that post so maybe you guys can look at my last post in that thread please? I already own an x10 Mouse Remote but my question is still unsanswered, I don't see how ANY remote will work on the TV without it's accompanying Receiver?

7. mikehende

mikehende Regular member

To make this simple, maybe I can simply transfer my pc's screen unto my TV? I will connect my Remote's receiver to my pc and then I shouldn't have any problems, all I will be doing is controlling evrything from the pc, so then, all I should need is a converter cable correct? If so, which cable?

8. mikehende

mikehende Regular member

next problem, the DVD shows/plays fine on my pc DVD rom but it reads "incorrect Disc" when I put into my DVD player, I have a built-in DVD and VHS in my TV, maybe this is the problem or is it becuase the DVD player has printed on it "DVD-Video" means that it only plays DVD "videos"? Any fixes?