Using studio 8 with sony dv camcorder

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by Ragman, Dec 15, 2003.

1. Ragman

Ragman Member

I am using a sony dv camcorder. It has firewire and usb capabilities. I can capture video from it to studio 8 software. When I try to burn a dvd disk the software locks up at the end of the burning process. The message reads status-disc burning completed. waiting for background formatting to finish. Does anyone know how to correct this problem? Thanks

2. ReeL12

ReeL12 Guest

Try to export the file and use different burning software for DVD. This way you at least find if the problem is with Studio or with your OS/DVD drive.

3. WesleyM

WesleyM Member

I have encountered this same exact problem within the last few days. I have found a work-around. Just cancel the burn by clicking on the pink button. The button turns green and is now clickable to start another burn/render session. Click it. Rendering is all done and the DVD will burn quickly and eject itself.

I suspect that the solution is to re-install the software since this problem only materialized within the last few days for me.

4. Cramdid

Cramdid Guest

It is a studio problem. I got rid of Studio and went with adobe premiere and I am so glad I did. What a big difference.

5. whassup

whassup Regular member

If you're so inclined...

You should use a video editing proggy for editing your DV file, use a dedicated encoder (TMPGEnc, Mainconcept, ProCoder, CCE, whatever) to encode it to VCD/SVCD/DVD, and a dedicated DVD authoring proggy (for menus, complicated file structures), and a separate burning proggy.

You'll get much better results that way.