Vegas Video 4.0 HELP!

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by cA|ZeRO, Feb 2, 2004.

1. cA|ZeRO

cA|ZeRO Guest

Hi guys, i have downloaded my 60 minute miniDV to my HDD as an AVI using vegas software. I now have 60+ individual clips which i drag and put in the editing pane. If i dont want to edit anything, do i just render as MPEG2, and then burn? or do i render as MPEG2 and then have to change it to .VOB?, if i do have to change it to .VOB, can some1 plz tell me, thanks

2. malum

malum Regular member

To make a DVD you need to turn it into VOB files (which Vegas Video can't do)
    DVD Architect (part of the same family as Vegas Video) will do it for you. Or you can have Vegas make an m2v stream and an mpa stream and remux them, using IFOedit, to give you VOB files

BTW if you didn't want to edit it you could have set it to caputre as one long clip.

3. cA|ZeRO

cA|ZeRO Guest

ok thanks, i dont know how to set as one long clip, also the 60+ clips turned into 12 GB, but i rendered it as an MPEG2 which is now 3.5 GB, does this sound rite? also i have DVD architect, but i dont know how to change the MPEG2 into VOB?

4. malum

malum Regular member

To set it to do one long clip is an option right there in the capture window. I don't have it in front of me so I can't be more specific but it is easily done.
    12 GB to 3.5Gb sounds about right.

Open Architect and drop in the mpeg2 file you've made then click make DVD at the top.

Make sure you set it to output in the format you want (NTSC or PAL etc)
    It really couldn't be easier to use, read the help file if you get stuck.

5. cA|ZeRO

cA|ZeRO Guest

Thank u, u r very helpful, i have learned how to edit, and make menus usin DVD architect. Last problem i am havin is when i click prepare and burn and i get this error "an error has accured burning file", "the item was not found"

6. malum

malum Regular member

The only reason I can think of for this to happen is if you have changed the path to any of the material in the compilation (music, background pictures or the video itself) then it won't be able to compile.
    If the error occurs after compilation but before burning then I have no idea.
    Can you locate the VIDEO_TS folder that Architect made?

7. cA|ZeRO

cA|ZeRO Guest

yes, i have a folder, and in that folder is video_ts, and audio_ts, they r both empty tho, my mpeg2 which i was workin on is in another place, and the .dar is in another place.. maybe its because i set the audio to compress at 5.1?? im not too sure.

8. malum

malum Regular member

well if the VIDEO_TS folder is empty then Architect hasn't compiled the files. I suspect that you moved the mpeg or renamed it after starting the project.
    (the AUDIO_TS folder is supposed to be empty)

9. cA|ZeRO

cA|ZeRO Guest

OK!, i did it.. it rendered the audio to 5.1, it prepared, and it burned... BUT when i try to play it in my DVD player.. it dosnet even load anything up, it tries to... but nothin.. and i burned it in NTSC (wide) any more suggestions?

10. malum

malum Regular member

That's a whole other topic, search the playback problems forum