VHS to DVD ?

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by tracie28, Jun 25, 2006.

1. tracie28

tracie28 Guest

Hello I have a general question and I really hope someone can point me in the right direction. I have a Sharp Hi-8 Viewcam and I want to be able to burn my movies to a DVD. I have 2 DVD Burners (in 2 different computers) On one of my computers I have Media Center with the TV Tuner and everything. Can I somehow record right from my Viewcam to my computer and then burn right to a DVD ? Thanks for any help anyone can offer. I really appreciate it. This is really new to me. Oh and I tried to find a guide and couldn't find the right one but if anyone knows of one I'd be happy to read it over. I did find this which seemed almost like what I'm trying to do but a bit too vague for me to understand. Thanks again.

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/351901

Tracie

2. SOCOMII

SOCOMII Regular member

Does the camer have firewire.
    If not then you will ahve to capture via s-video or composite using your mce card. to do this hook up the camera to your tv tuner proferably with s-video, or composite. then you can capture with a program like WinDvD creator and it is fairly simple, just make sure when using you have to go to Device settings and select s-video or compostie and then capture.
    GooD Luck and you can get a trial or WinDvD here http://www.intervideo.com/jsp/WinDVDCreator_Download.jsp

3. Bigp

Bigp Member

I had the same problems. I had loads of old tapes on the old cam corder to put on dvd. I bought a V stream usb bnc adaptor with direct burn so you can burn direct or to the hard drive which ever you want :). Cheap as well

4. bigwop

bigwop Regular member

After monkeying around with my computer trying to do what your trying to do, I just went out and bought a standalone dvd recorder/vhs player\recorder. One click dubbing vhs to dvd and I had tapes from an old vhs-c camcorder and transfered them as well with the help of its vhs adapter. Quick and easy. Came out pretty good.

5. tracie28

tracie28 Guest

Well I got tired of messing with my old Sharp Viewcam and went out today and bought a new Sony HandyCam DCR HC26. It's really cute and easy to use. I've already made a dvd. So easy to do. And to top it off I sold my old camera already for 75 bucks :)

6. Bigp

Bigp Member

Good choice I bought the DCR HC19E christmas time :). With fire wire and Nero easy to use :)....

7. HelpPleas

HelpPleas Regular member

I have a Cannon Camcorder. I Transfer from mini dvs to computer using Pinnacle studio 9 and render to AVI, and then make DVD using Studio 9. I find the quality very good. What are the downfalls of doing this. Everyone says AVI's are large but if I convert to some other file type will I loose quality? What file types are the best to convert to from AVI to put on DVD and keep quality.

I am not very computer/video literate so keep it simple if possible. Thanks.

8. Peter1688

Peter1688 Member

Hi Bipg,

Can you tell me how can you convert the DV to DVD by using NERO with your Sony DCR 26E.

I am now have a Sony Mini DV DCR-HC36E, I need to use ilink to connect to my PC to convert the tape to DVD, but I do not have the software "Click to DVD" from Sony, the Sony site need to be Sony laptop user to login.

Please tell me the method to make a DVD with NERO without other software.

Thanks

Peter