Video and Audio Glitches on Digital Camcorder

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by pianoman7, Sep 12, 2006.

1. pianoman7

pianoman7 Guest

I have a Sony VX2000 and bought it off someone at a year old almost 2 years ago. I've used it alot and am starting to notice visual glitches at the start of tapes, and even new tapes. I am mostly using TDK Mini-DVs and have cleaned the head with my Sony Mini-DV head everytime I've seen this happen. Also, I'm noticing audio glitches, where the audio cuts in and out and can happen at any point in the tape, the same as visual glitches. Any reason why this is happening? Also, is there any way I can fix this? Thanks!

Pianoman7

2. TPFKAS

TPFKAS Regular member

This is very coincidental...or not.
    I have had exactly the same problems with my Sony sevral times. I could usually solve the problem by cleaning the head (which is a bad habit because those cleaning cassettes grind off a bit of the surface of the head). After a while I recognized a pattern: the problem would always start after I used a TDK tape and so I was a bit struck by you mentioning TDK tape as well. I now only stick to Sony tapes for this camcorder and I have nor problems anymore.
    Long time ago there was a thread about tapes, mentioning that tapes contains a certain lubricant and that the types used are different by different manufacturers. The different types would cause a chemical reaction causing excessive pollution of the head. I have asked the Sony experts if that story could be true, but they told me that it was nonsense. I don't know....
    In your case I would at least clean the head and maybe stick to Sony tape just to be sure.